Based on the famous photo taken years ago as part of a product campaign for Mammut, directed by mountain photographer Robert Bösch and showing 26 alpinists (most of them mountain guides from the former Bergschule Uri/now Mammut Alpine School) on top of the Small Camel, we would like to give you the opportunity to follow suit and try a ride on the camel yourself under the professional guidance of our mountain guides.
You will receive an exclusive photo so that this experience will remain in your memory. Don't miss your chance before the caravan moves on!
Whether for the subsequent wellness programme in the luxurious spa or in the regionally inspired gourmet restaurant of the 4-star superior hotel - the Radisson Blu Reussen in Andermatt, which opened at the end of 2018, offers you every comfort and invites you to refresh and relax in a pleasant atmosphere.
No prior knowledge/climbing experience required. Participants must not be afraid of heights or suffer from vertigo.
Duration from 3.5 to 5 hours, up to approx. 600 vertical meters, approx. 250 vertical meters per hour
2-4 participants per mountain guide
13.30 p.m. Mammut Store Andermatt / Imholz Sport, Furkagasse 2, 6490 Andermatt (train arrival 13.06 a.m.)
Approx. 15.30 p.m. Mammut Store Andermatt / Imholz Sport
Radisson Blu Hotel Reussen, Bärengasse 1, 6490 Andermatt
Technical material (ropes etc.) is provided by the Mammut Alpine School.
The offer is held in German. Therefore, a basic understanding of German is important. Our mountain guides have a basic knowledge of English and can provide the necessary information in English. Often there are helpful guests on the tours and courses who are happy to help with the translation.
COVID-19: Find our protection concept (incl. rapid-/self-test) here
- Guiding and supervision by a mountain guide
- Accommodation with half board incl. wellness area: 1x hotel (standard double room)
- 15% discount on mammut.com
- Travel to the course
- Snacks and drinks
- Climbing equipment CHF 25.- (climbing harness, climbing helmet)
Tag 1 The preparation day starts with training on the rock and includes knots, roping up and belaying techniques as well as walking & climbing with mountain boots and material knowledge regarding the equipment used.
Tag 2 On the second day you start the tour from the Furkapass. With the possible help of crampons and ice axes, you go through alpine terrain past the lower Bielenlücke to the foot of the Small Camel. From here, the ascent is made on a static rope using rope clamps. Enjoy the unique moment of standing on top of the Little Camel!
Our mountain guide will bring the technical equipment (rope, carabiner, belay device) to the meeting place. The following rental equipment can be rented:
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Backpack approx. 25l
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- 1x Hardshell jacket (wind- and waterproof)
- 1x Hardshell pants (wind- and waterproof)
- 1x Soft shell and/or fleece jacket
- 1x Climbing pants
- 1x functional socks
- 1x isolation jacket
- 1x short/long functional underwear
- 1x Cap/hat
- Hiking shoes or mountaineering shoes (at least ankle-high, hard sole)
- Clothes and shoes for the evening (for wearing in the accommodation and in the village)
- Own toiletries, ear plugs if required
- Protective masks
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel
- You need to bring your own hot drinks and lunch or you can buy them in the village
- Snacks (e.g. energy bars, dried fruit, dried meat)
- Sun cream and lip cream (SPF 30 or higher)
- Thermos flask made from break-proof material
- Small medicinal supplies for personal requirements
- Camera (optional)