For women: Alpine Tour for Beginners Sustenhorn 3502 m and Vorder Tierberg 3090 m
The magic of mountaineering, an offer exclusively for women (CH) | 2 days
Mountains are fascinating. Wide glaciers, jagged ridges, steep rock faces! It's all the more wonderful when you can explore this ancient landscape by yourself and stand on a summit far from everyday life. Our mountain guides will provide a safe and competent introduction to mountain climbing.
Mighty mountains like the Winterberg and the Titlis-Grassen range line your path during these training days. You will be off the beaten tourist track in the border area of the cantons of Uri and Bern. You will climb two proud 3000 m peaks, the Vorder Tierberg 3090 m and the Sustenhorn 3502 m.
An offer exclusively for women.
- On this training tour, you’ll be able to enjoy your first alpine tour safely under the careful supervision of our mountain guides. The following content will be delivered:
- Using crampons and safety equipment
- Handling an ice axe
- Using a rope
- Preparing for a tour
- Any information relevant to equipment
Nach dem Kurs kannst du an leichten, von einem Bergführer geführten, Hochtouren teilnehmen, z.B. Pollux 4092 m, Weissmies 4023 m, etc.
Sure-footedness and experience of mountain hiking required; Terrain: moderately steep, rock and ice; no prior knowledge of alpine technique required
Duration from 5 to 7 hours, up to approx. 1,200 vertical meters, approx. 300 vertical meters per hour.
3-6 participants per mountain guide
11:10 a.m. at Göschenen, train station. Continue by post bus at 11.15 a.m. to Göscheneralp (train arrival 11.08 a.m. Göschenen).
approx. 14.00 pm Steingletscher at the Sustenpass
The offer is held in German. Therefore, a basic understanding of German is important. Our mountain guides have a basic knowledge of English and can provide the necessary information in English. Often there are helpful guests on the tours and courses who are happy to help with the translation.
Find out more about the right equipment here
COVID-19: Find our protection concept (incl. rapid-/self-test) here
- Guiding and supervision by a mountain guide
- Accommodation with half board: 1 x hut (base camp)
- Rental equipment
- 15% discount on mammut.com
- Travel to the course
- Transport (post bus)
- Snacks and drinks
- A CHF CHF 12.- per night (approx.) hut tax for non-SAC members
Tag 1 Individual journey to Göschenen, then onward journey by post bus to Göscheneralp. Welcome of the participants by the mountain guide. On the southern high trail you walk along the Göscheneralpsee through the Chelenalp valley. The mighty Winterberg chain with its huge glaciers towers over you on the left and the numerous proud peaks of the Susten area on the right. Dinner and overnight stay at the Chelenalp hut.
Tag 2 Right next to the hut, your path climbs steeply at the beginning. But soon you will reach flatter terrain and, at an altitude of about 3000 m, the glacier. On the way over the ice you learn how to walk with the crampons in the rope team. Over the Sustenlimi pass 3089 m you enter the Susten area and climb the Steingletscher glacier to the summit, the Sustenhorn 3502 m. You will be rewarded with a magnificent panoramic view and enjoy your first summit experience. The trail then leads you over the Steingletscher to the Tierberglihütte. A cosy evening in the hut with a picturesque view of the surrounding mountains.
Tag 3 The Vorder Tierberg 3090 m is not far from the hut and can be reached after about an hour. From here you have a great view into the Trift area, one of the most remote areas in Switzerland. It also offers another opportunity for practical training. On the way back, you take the rest of your luggage from the hut and descend to Steingletscher. Stop here for coffee and cake. End of the tour days and individual journey home.
Our mountain guide will bring the ordered rental equipment to the meeting place. The following equipment can be rented:
Please note that the backpack with the equipment does not weigh more than 8 to 10 kg (crampons, ice axe, harness weigh about 1.5 kg).
- Climbing harness with 1x safelock carabiner
- Ice axe
- Crampons with ABS
- Climbing harness with 2 screwgate Carabinners and 1 Prusik
- Ice axe
- Crampons with ABS
- Backpack approx. 30l with rain cover
- Gaiter (optional)
- 1x Hardshell jacket and pants (wind- and waterproof)
- 1x Mountaineering or trekking pants
- 1x Soft shell and/or fleece jacket
- 1x Down jacket
- 1x Short/long functional underwear
- 1x Cap/headband and 1x hat
- 2 pairs of gloves (1 thin pair, 1 warm, windproof and waterproof pair)
- 1x Functional socks and 1x spare socks
- Mountaineering shoes (at least ankle-deep, hard sole)
- Own toiletries, ear plugs if required
- clothes to wear in the hut (Minimum)
- slipper socks are at the hut
- Sleeping bag liner made of silk or cotton (for hygienic reasons)
- Pillow (60x60)
- Protective masks (2 masks for each overnight stay)
- SAC/Alpine Club member card (if avalaible)
- Breakfast and dinner at the hut
- Tea an lunch must be brought or can be bought at the hut
- Snacks (e.g. energy bars, dried fruit, dried meat)
- Sun cream and lip cream (SPF 30 or higher)
- Camera and binoculars (optional)
- half fare travelcard (if existing)
- Thermos flask made from break-proof material
- headlamp with new batteries
- Small medicinal supplies for personal requirements